Tuesday, 16 April 2013
For today I have prepared a spinach quiche as part of my husband and I "more vegetarian meals"
in a week.
It turned out delicious and wasn't to difficult, except of the quiche crust, which was a bit
of scary for me,as you can't over kneed it. At the end the filling was so tasty and the
crust was just fine, but something I need to work on:) or maybe next time I need to buy
one from the store:)
All the ingredients for the crust must be cold!
For the crust:
1.5 cups of flour
1 tsp salt
100 gr cubed butter
2 tbs water
1. Preheat oven into 160 c degrees.
2.In food processor mix the flour salt and butter until it looks like bread crumbs, about 2 min.
3.Transfer to a mixing bowl add the egg (whisk it a bit) and start mixing add the water
(a little at a time) and mix just until combined.
4. Take the dough out of the bowl on a plastic wrap and put in a fridge for about 30 min.
5. Press the dough into a pie baking dish.
5. Bake for 10 min.
500 grams spinach
1 chopped garlic clove
50 grams butter
3 whisked eggs
0.5 cup milk
3/4 cup cream
5 tbs grated Swiss cheese or any other of your taste
3 tbs chopped walnuts
salt & pepper
1. In a pan saute butter, garlic and spinach until it soften, about 5 min.
2. Strain spinach and set aside.
3. In a bowl mix the eggs, milk, cream, cheese and walnuts. Add salt & pepper for your taste.
4. Put the spinach on top of the crust and pour the milk mixture on top.
5. Return the quiche into the oven for about 35-40 minutes in 180 c degrees.
Serve with a yogurt and salad.