Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Tomato and Bean Soup



Tomato soup is one of my favorites soups and as a child I was so thrill eating it! now as an adult, it hasn't changed much:)
A dish of soup could be so nourishing and could be eaten as a whole meal.
So this soup that I've made is very simple because I've been cheating:) You probably know how it feels to come back home after a long day at work, hungry with low energies, so sometimes you have to use those shortcuts. Of-coarse I always prefer to eat and cook with fresh ingredients.

Ingredients:

  • 1 can cubed tomatoes
  • 1 fresh peeled and chopped tomato
  • about 1 cup of frozen white beans
  • 1 stick of celery
  • chopped parsley for your taste, I used a handful
  • 1 chopped carrot
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1 garlic clove crushed and chopped
  • about 500 ml of chicken stock or vegetable or water or a mixture of stock and water
  • pinch of sugar
  • 1 tbs vinegar
  • black pepper and salt for your taste


You could also use this recipe from Food.com

Directions:


  1. Fry onion, garlic and carrot, celery and beans in a pot until onion is soft, about 5 minutes
  2. Add the fresh tomato stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
  3. Stir in the canned tomatoes and cook for a bout 3 minutes than add the stock  season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil and let simmer covered for 30 minutes.
  4. Stir in the parsley and cook uncovered for 3 more minutes.



30 comments:

  1. I love this food! You know that this is our national food? Buts as I see now it's intenational and seems that you are an amazing cook!

    http://so-st-yle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, well I try to cook more often, cause I like it:)
      I didn't knew that, but tasted some different versions of it and they all were yummy.

      Delete
  2. celery and tomato together - say no more! gonna try this! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gotta be good really ^^
    x, Lara
    http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thank u for taking the time and visiting my blog, it means a lot to me) This popst is simply great, love soups and this one looks so delish! Thank u for share!
    Have a happy time!

    Best wishes, Alex
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh this looks delicious! Will have to file away for a rainy day!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect dish for cold weather!
    x
    Bel
    http://b-by-bel.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious post!!

    Really love your style and posts!!

    A blog like this deserves following!

    Hope to see you back on mine for a peek :)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much:) I really appreciate it!
      Of-coarse I will have a look and follow back:)

      Delete
  8. Yum, yum...tomato and beans...perfect for a rainy day!
    It’s always so pleasant to visit your site!
    Have a magical time!
    Big hugs!
    Inés
    SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your blog...Great photos!Really enjoying:) Please check mines If you want we can follow also with bloglovin, google+, twitter and facebook?
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you! that is so sweet of you and I really appreciate it!
      Of coarse I will check your blog and follow!

      Delete
  10. I love soup! It looks very yummy!! It's cold here in the Netherlands. I think it's the perfect time to eat soup! Great post! Xx

    www.itchyedgy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm defiantly trying the recipe

    :)
    http://from-brussels-with-love.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  12. Babe, that looks delicious!!

    milna89.blogspot.com
    *********************

    ReplyDelete
  13. great post honey, i really love this kind of recipes!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. it look delicious :).
    Great blog, wanna follow each?:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks delicious and sounds pretty healthy too!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, oh seeing this made me want tomato soup...it's my childhood favourite too. Yum!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! I love soup this time of year, had some tonight;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi honey!!!
    Really loved your post!!! Thanks so much for visit my blog!!
    If you have any question when you'll comment to me, i'll answer to you on my blog, and after that i'll visit your blog to see your post. In tat way i can enjoy more the blogs of the people who read me, okay?
    Big kis!!!

    NEW BLOG : http://www.asm-magazine.com/marilynscloset/

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG....I loooove tomato and bean soup, and yours looks so delicious and nourishing :P
    Thanks for sharing<3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading it:) If you want me to follow back, just leave a message!