Tomato soup is one of my favorites soups and as a child I was so thrill eating it! now as an adult, it hasn't changed much:)
A dish of soup could be so nourishing and could be eaten as a whole meal.
So this soup that I've made is very simple because I've been cheating:) You probably know how it feels to come back home after a long day at work, hungry with low energies, so sometimes you have to use those shortcuts. Of-coarse I always prefer to eat and cook with fresh ingredients.
- 1 can cubed tomatoes
- 1 fresh peeled and chopped tomato
- about 1 cup of frozen white beans
- 1 stick of celery
- chopped parsley for your taste, I used a handful
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove crushed and chopped
- about 500 ml of chicken stock or vegetable or water or a mixture of stock and water
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tbs vinegar
- black pepper and salt for your taste
You could also use this recipe from Food.com
- Fry onion, garlic and carrot, celery and beans in a pot until onion is soft, about 5 minutes
- Add the fresh tomato stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the canned tomatoes and cook for a bout 3 minutes than add the stock season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil and let simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and cook uncovered for 3 more minutes.