Kendra is a top travel expert and a real beauty that will stay at the Standard High Line Hotel, which is one of the best hotels ever!
So I was thinking on outfits that could work out for dining and wine in this amazing hotel and other fancy New York places, day time and also on outfit for art galleries and museums.
I also combined 2 of my favorite S/S2014 trends:
1. Flat shoes, which will be so comfortable for a long walking, yet fashionable.
2. Floral, well I just love it, refreshing, colorful and very feminine and this trend is also appearing in hair accessories.
Here are my outfits:
1. This outfit is for a fancy restaurant dinner, with vibrant colors and a bit of glam:
Fluro dress-Asos- Here ; Silver sandals-Aldo- Here; Earrings-Aldo- Here; Handbag- Aldo- Here; Jacket-Zara- Here
2. Dine and wine outfit: another one, with a solid color dress that is also fitting for a nice lunch or dinner. I've chose a comfortable clean dress in a knee length that you can play with multiple accessories, like a nice statement necklace:
Dress - Here; Belt- Here; Necklace-Accessorize- Here; Shoes-Asos- Here; Clutch bag-Accessorize- Here
3. Day time outfit: well you could easily combine these items with different items for any occasion:
4. Red skirt and a peplum top will add a bit of vintage vibe to your look and will fit as a day outfit or a short walk to an art gallery:
Other fashion finds:
The black little dress with lace
Shirt dresses are also trending out this summer, also are perfect for the day and for a more casual night.
Not my standard evening out: the Standard High Line Hotel
Ok, fashionistas, this mom needs a hand! This mom that never sleeps is going to that tireless city itself: New York! Problem is, I know more about dressing for band concerts and soccer games than for the city life. I'm headed for a night of fine food and wine at the Standard High Line Hotel, so I feel more than a bit out of my league. Let "Kendra's Fashion Challenge" begin!
The plan is to start the evening with Sunset Service at the Top of the Standard. We will drift into our New York night with the smooth jazz stylings of that night's entertainment, while sipping on a cocktail or two. I've heard amazing things about the small plate offerings here, and the idea of a swanky supper club vibe is perfect for this getaway. Just thinking about the glittering skyline makes me a bit weak in the knees. I can't quite believe I'm on my way to a real, honest to goodness grownup adventure. It's long overdue! The requested style is cocktail attire, but I'm at a bit of a loss. Does that mean I need a long or short dress? Can I go with a bright color, or should I stick to a tried and true little black dress? You get the point, I need your expertise.
While I'm thrilled to be heading to the Big Apple, I have to say I was a bit overwhelmed at first. There is just so much to do! Without the expert advice I received at Gogobot, I'm not sure where I would have started. The world travelers I encountered there were invaluable in building my itinerary. I'd never even heard of the Standard High Line Hotel before researching this trip, and now I'm staying at one of the very best hotels in this incredible city. And now I turn to you, my fashion experts, to help me look like I'm a natural New Yorker. As we all know, whether seeing a show, lounging at the Top of the Standard, or dining at a local restaurant, the right outfit can be the difference between a good night, and an experience to be treasured forever.